Dog of My Dreams
A documentary, a love poem to the dog. As told by a delicious medley of images, texts and voices from Piero di Cosimo to Joan Baez to Enid Blyton to Virginia Woolf to the girl next door.
In a series of luscious and surreal tableaux vivants based on paintings from the 16th to the 20th Century, these girls have distant encounters with their dogs whilst grown women tell their stories of childhood pets, family malaise and repressed sexual tensions.
A film about the anthropomorphic gaze, family disfunction and childhood sexuality.
Cast & Crew
Photography: Michael Miles
Costume: Clara Apollo
Make-up: Madeleine van Groeningen
Production Manager: Helen Kelsey
Sound: Jon Wilkinson, Maciek Hrybowicz
Rostrum Camera: Ken Morse
Online Editor: Brian King
Graphic Design: Jeremy Williams
- 'Urban Visionaries' British Film Institute National Touring programme
- Tier-Perspektiven (Animal Perspectives), George-Kolbe Museum, Berlin, June 2009
- The Animal Gaze, Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World, Berlin, March 2009
- Directora, International Womens' Film Festival, Neurenberg, Germany, 2003
- COURTisane, short film festival, Ghent, Belgium, 2003
- EMAF, European Media Art Festival, Osnabruck, Germany, 2002
- International Short Film Festival, Oberhausen, Germany, 2002
- Odense International Film Festival, Denmark, 2002
- Feminale Film Festival, Cologne, Germany , 2002
- Viper, International Festival for Film, Video and New Media, Switzerland, 2002
- Brief Encounters International Short Film Festival, Bristol, UK, 2001
- London Film Festival, UK, 2001
From 2000 to 2008 the scheme supported London-based artists working in the context of contemporary moving image practice - producing work intended for exhibition in galleries, festivals, specialist venues and as site specific installations.
Dog of My Dreams
Single screen - 35mm/Digi Beta/Beta SP