Extract running time: 02:36
Shot on a flight to Los Angeles and at LAX airport, Flight is an experimental digital video work which explores, celebrates and questions our relationship with flying through a series of oneiric images, sounds and text. Psychological notions of denial, escape, levity, abandonment, fear and evasion are also touched on.
Flight exists in that twilight zone between speed and stillness, safety and danger.
Structured around an imaginary plane journey Flight highlights the processes of realisation, observation and memory: a cinema of gestures, suspension and transience.
Cast & Crew
- Lumen, Leeds, May 2009
- Room Gallery, Bristol, July 2005
- Media Art Festival, Friesland, Germany, 16 September - 2 October 2005
- The PEK Film Festival, Den Haag, Holland, 17 & 18 November 2005
- Experiments in Moving Image, University of Westminster, London, 25 January - 31 January 2004
- European Media Art Festival, Osnabruck, Germany, 21 April - 23 May 2004
- World Wide Video Festival, Amsterdam, Holland, 10-20 June 2004
- Sketch Gallery, July 2004
- Melbourne International Film Festival, 21 July - 8 August 2004
From 2000 to 2008 the scheme supported London-based artists working in the context of contemporary moving image practice - producing work intended for exhibition in galleries, festivals, specialist venues and as site specific installations.
Single screen and Installation, Digi Beta